Re: Some proposed package removals and additions

Matt Wilson <msw@gimp.org> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 12:29:40AM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > Feel free to add corrections, etc.
> >
> > 1) Add gtk--
>
> <speaking only as msw@gimp.org, for himself>
> What about Inti?
> </speaking only as msw@gimp.org, for himself>

Here are a couple of reasons I think Inti should not be added to GNOME
1.4:

* Inti is targeting Gtk+ 2.0 directly; as far as I know, there will be
  no gtk 1.2.x version, and that is what GNOME 1.4 will ship
  against. I could be wrong about that.

* Havoc once said that since gtk-- is a community project, and Inti is
  a Red Hat controlled corporate project, GNOME should continue to
  consider gtk-- the GNOME-official binding. (I hope this is an
  accurate paraphrase, Havoc, correct me if not.)

 - Maciej