Re: More Political Stuff

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, John Harper wrote:
>

> > Sean Middleditch writes:
> > |I can't find a place to make bug reports for Sawfish.  I got the SDL
> > |people to start putting an SDL bug system, though, which is good.
> >
> > Send sawfish bug reports to one of:

> >  - my sourceforge account: jsh@users.sourceforge.net
> >
> > (the first is preferred. These are both listed in the BUGS file in the
> > sawfish distribution)
> >
> > For the record: before your message to this list I was unaware of any
> > problems between SDL and sawfish, so it's not surprising they haven't
> > been fixed.
>
> There _may_ be, I have problems with SDL apps and I do run sawfish, the
> only 'non-standard' thing I'm using is the NVidia driver, under 4.0.1 so I
> want to be sure thats not causing problems (I suspect it is as SDL apps
> just behave in an odd fashion) Once I get it narrowed down to more then a
> feeling I'll report a bug that is somewhat cohearant ;)

Ya, trying to figure out exactly where the problem is will be hard.

I find it odd though that it ONLY appears to be problematic when running
Sawfish.. no other WM.  If its not a bug in Sawfish, then perhaps
there's a weird interaction between Sawfish and a bug in XFree85, nVidia
drivers, or SDL.

And I still haven't gotten through to the Sawfish list. I'll try joining
again.

Sean Etc.