Re: Fitts's Law, or do you _really_ know how to make a good UI?

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 01:08:28AM -0600, "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <epg@pobox.com> said

> So, if you could give me some pointers on another way to do this (or
> approval of the CORBA method), i'll get started.

One possible way to do it is to modify GnomeApp, and make its menubar default
to detached and put it way up at the top of the screen (of course this
behavior would depend on the user's preferences).  You'd also want to hide
the menubar when the window loses focus, but that would mess up people with
pointer driven focus (but probably if they are using pointer driven focus
they aren't going to have the mac-style menubar).

--
Geoffrey Reedy                   Student Network System Administrator
vader21@imsa.edu                    Illinois Math and Science Academy

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
				-- DECWARS