Need help with GnomeCanvasImage

I new in programing Gnome/Gtk and got a problem with the
GnomeCanvasImage

I always get an fatal Error from my program at:

item=gnome_canvas_item_new(group,
                           gnome_canvas_image_get_type(),
                           "image",gnome_canvas_load_alpha(file),
                           "x", 100,
                           "y", 100,
                           "width", 100,
                           "height", 100,
                           "anchor", GTK_ANCHOR_NW,
                           NULL);

Has anybody ever used the GnomeCanvasImage and could tell me whats wrong
in this function call.