Re: GnomeAbout's themeability

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 07:13:18AM +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Jason Leach wrote:
>
> > Is it really the best solution to make these dozens of developers add
> > 5 or 6 lines in (needing to do a quick check on gnome-href API docs,
> > the data structure of GnomeAbout, and create/manage a temporary
> > GnomeHref variable) when it could be arranged to make it an extra
> > parameter to an existing API call or a new API function (with
> > simple[r] parameters like gchar *description, gchar *address)?
>
> I hate to repeat myself, but you really need to check out GnomeAbout,
> you're asking for features it already has.

Hmm, but I don't see any mention of URLs, gnome-href, or websites in
any of your previous posts... ?  Havoc did correct me on this though.

The response was mainly to Tom's comments about how "but it
CanBeDoneAlready"(tm), although that applies to many things, like having a
different layout to your GnomeProperyBox, however, sometimes it makes
sense to add capabilities into the API rather than have each developer
throw together their own inconsistent methods.

Again, then Havoc did correct me on GnomeAbout having URL packing
pretty quickly.  (And commented that offering two available designs
for property boxes is a decent idea, whee!)

Cheers,

Jason