Re: GNOME & 3D API

> Though a 3D OpenGL canvas would be real cool, I think there's also a
> need for 2D OpenGL in the normal canvas. Is there anyone working on
> that? How hard would it be to have a Gnome_canvas_item_opengl or
> something like that?

	OpenGL is just an API.  You can use it to draw lines, squares,
etc.  It just happens to include some matrix utilities that make 3D
programming much easier--whether you do 2D or 3D is entirely up to you.

	There's already an OpenGL widget for Gtk+.  That basically covers
what you have mentioned.

--Derek