Re: An Idea... [ gnome-print ]

Serg,

gnome-print *will* cover this.  Miguel? [and i?] are looking
into issues/design at the moment.

It already has the application interface to generate print data
(thanks to Miguel/Raph), which is pretty easy to use, and can generate
postscript directly, and supports a nice high-quality preview mode.

Next we will investigate printer drivers for the other types
of printers (PCL, Epson ESC/P2 ESC/P1 etc).  gnome-print
already has a rasteriser for the data, we only need to add
a configuration mechanism and the data translations required
for colour printing (CMYK etc).

So yes, this issue is already under consideration ...

 Michael