Re: return of the MDI

  I will just give this example.

 I am writing an app that is supposed to launch many subapps in the future.
 Call it a central tool for other tools!

 I am aiming at MDI and in this case I don't want windows in windows because each top-level or notebook page window (MDI doc) has its own stuff and I don't want to force people to minimize everything once one of them is minimized.

 All those sub-apps are really separate entities except that I want a common interface and no werid behavior.

 However, I think that it would be a much easier thing for any coder to have the following:

 some sort of MDI, call it MDI2, that does the following:

  -swallow a GnomeApp, any amount of them in a parent MDI2 window (the idea discussed below)
  -Have MDI2 behave like the window manager. Since we have specs we can use them! Look at StarOffice if you want to see what I mean!

 -You don't need to implement many window manager features. The only as far as I can think of are decoration, kill-minimize-fullscreen buttons.

The reason this would be good, is that with an app such as mine it's really more like MS Visual Studio (for math) than GIMP. But even gimp could benefit from this.

 Again the reason is simple, keep apps separate. So if you have many sub-apps in your app, and some point someone will do this (I am starting humbly to do it), people will have a clear view of what is what!