Re: Gnome Status and Future.

 This is good.

 What is needed is a monthly or each two month report of this kind.

 But more importantly, I'd like as many others I am sure (on the
designing apps side) to know about obsolete things.

 I have learned a few from Havoc's book, like gless, gtktext,
gtkxmhtml...

 I hear now about gdkpixbuf. So is this going to be a new canvas we
should wait for or not?

 A list of all to-disappear (or to be rewritten) from next release of
gnome should be given and updated!

 This can all be done in a Gnome-quarterly, bimonthly, or monthly
report so that folks who write apps (like your humbly) know what not
support in their apps. I am not in a rush to know everything. It is
just that I don't want to spend 3 weeks figuring something out that
will disappear in the next release (or be completely re-written).

 And it is not a compat issue, since I am sure you will have compat
libraries. It is more about being on the same band-wagon.

 You do the core work, and others (including me) do the satellite apps
thing in coordination which does not necessarly mean that I will take
part in the architecture design part (I'd be totally incompetent).

 Thank you