Re: Session management?

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Hassan Aurag wrote:

>  Ok,
>
>  I forgot you were talking about an applet. This is either a weird
> feature or a plain bug. Does the panel remove the applet somehow? Because
> if it does, then no amount of info saving will change anything.
>
>  Proof: there is no gnome applet that remembers anything once removed
> from panel. You have to start from scratch configuring it.
>
>  So check the applet actually isn't removed from panel before panel exit.

Ah ok. Since I'm in the process of developing my applet the simplest way
to restart it to test the session saving was to remove it from the panel
with Ctrl-C and then start it again.

I now tried instead to close my X session and then when I restarted GNOME
it remembered my settings.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? If it is, the session managment is
a bit, um, functionally challenged IMHO.

I can't believe I'm the first person to be surprised my this
behaviour? How have other solved this? With standard gnome functions or
something else?

--
Jörgen Pehrson  jp@spektr.eu.org  http://spektr.eu.org/~jp/
"i must say the linux community is a lot nicer than the unix