Sound in GNOME?

Hi,
If I want to implement sound support in my application, how should I do
that? By using the gnome_sound_* functions? Or is there anything else?

Do I have to do a gnome_sound_init() first? If so, how do I know if sound
is available since that function returns void?

Should I do a gnome_sound_shutdown() when I exit the application?

Thanks!

--
Jörgen Pehrson  jp@spektr.eu.org  http://spektr.eu.org/~jp/
"i must say the linux community is a lot nicer than the unix