Re: fork ???

I have looked into threads and it seems easy to do and seems portable, Is fork()
better in some way or is it a good idea to use threads ? Hmmm ... anyone that
knows benefits of  fork() or threads ? If I create a thread does it let my app to
continue it's main ? or is it waiting on it to finnish ... If I understand
threads right it should start a process that lives for itself until it exits, Am
I missing the point or did I understand threads correctly ?

/Magnus

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> > Oh yeah..I remember that!  I guess if your programming for Linux it
> > doesn't matter. :-)
> >

> But you should try and be cross-platform anyways.  There'a good chance someone
> will want to port it, might as well make it easy on 'em to begin with.  ^,^
>
> Sean Middleditch

begin:vcard
n:Wirström;Magnus
tel;cell:+46704998120