internationalization

hi all,

I would like to know how libraries succeed at making internationalization work.

As I see it, when a library has a string to internationalise, the _( macro
will catually be a call to gettext which is going to fetch the message from
the domain currently set. If I have loaded this library from a program which
has set another domain, the string is fetched from the program's domain and
not from the library doamin.

The only solution I see here is to have each library function call
bindtextdomain and textdoamin at the begening of each function call but
this is obviously not the case in production code.

So, my question is: how does it work ?

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu@eazel.com>