Re: Rebooting and halting the system in gnome

Most likely because all that rebooting would normally do is bring you
back to gdm... so they have to enter a password to actually do
something.

I hope they leave it this way, my other family members, who need decent
word processors with grammar and spellcheck, just have to reboot and
select windows, no password required.

Julian