Re: slow Remote X-windows displaying...

Speaking of slow rendering, I have an old 486 set up that I use as an X
terminal.  When running gtk apps that use the tree widget (gmc and the
gnome control center most notably), I notice gobs of slow, seemingly
redundant redraws each time the tree is updated.  Is this just part of the
way gtk draws it's widgets, or is there something funky in the code for
those programs that tells it to refresh many times?