Re: gdk-pixbuf external conversion?

    Lauris> I do not deny that modules make more sense for many file formats. But it
    Lauris> is mostly impossible to have module for EVERY file format, without using
    Lauris> external apps + wrapper modules.

This is possible, but it should be the exception. In the case
mentionned before (Mac PICT format), it could be implemented easily.

For what PS is concerned, I think that sooner or later we will need
our own implementation of a postscript parser (and rendered) since GS
is so deprecated.

Modules relying on external utilities could be useful, but should be
used as temporarily as possible in order to have a clean design.

Not to mention that relying on an external module requires the user to
install yet another package.

Wolfgang