Re: [Gnome-print] Re: GnomeFont state of affairs

    Lauris> What you suggest is, that we stop that, and let big
    Lauris> vendors to take that job themselves - updating their libc
    Lauris> or maintaining Gnome distributions for their systems Take
    Lauris> some gnome (gtk, glib, libunicode, whatever...)
    Lauris> functionality and add
    Lauris> that to glibc From that point either:
    Lauris> - gnome runs only on glibc (compatible) systems
    Lauris> - we have to create glue code for other libc-s
    Lauris> In the latter case we have not won much, as we still have
    Lauris> bunch of small libraries to maintain. The former case
    Lauris> needs political decision.

What are those glue libraries you are talking about, there isn't one I
am aware of?

Also, considering we are using such libraries, where would there be a
problem to make a big libgnome relying on those glue libraries rather
than the many smaller libraries?
Technically I don't see any problem with that. All the directory
structures could be marged together; ending with a bigger one in which
the Makefile would link the resulting sublibraries together.

The platform dependecies can be taken care of with a couple of
#ifdef's and configure/libtool tricks.

But all in all, I don't see where the real problem is, except a little
bit more work of our part (which we are doing anyway).

    Lauris> Lauris

Wolfgang