Re: Corel Printing API

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 01:30:30PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The library is free, the drivers are not.

yuck

> But the Corel one doesn't
> have drivers at all.

Yea, but if the Desktop environments support it printer manufacturers will.

> Corel isn't going to be able to push their API on their own, they will
> need support from GNOME and KDE probably.

They already have a bunch of KDE developers working on their Linux distro
so they'll probably push out their own KDE frontend and I'm sure GNOME will
follow:). Wouldn't there just have to be a driver for gnome-print or
something like that?

Just MHO of course :)
--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....