Re: Gnome Media Library

Hi folks,

I've had word from Jean Louis Gasse (the guy who runs Be, Inc., ex
president of Apple - for those who don't know :) that he's looking on
getting some Be engineers to contribute some ideas, and so on - provided
nobody objects.

I mentioned the possibility of a collaboration in the future between Be
and GNOME as far as developing the next "standard" media API is concerned
(open source and cross platform, naturally). Something like this would
only gain GNOME interest, if it ever got off the ground (possibly wishful
thinking, I know - but an open source multiplatform standard media API was
too cool a concept not to consider!)

I think you'll agree that this kind of interest is encouraging, at the
very least!

--
Mo McKinlay                                T: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x1
Chief Software Architect                   F: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x3