Re: BeOS, GNOME and Multimedia (fwd)

In case any of you are wondering what the e-mail I recieved from Jean
Louis said (I don't think it's been quoted to the list yet) here it is:

# Thanks.  I'm circulating your message to the team, here.  Personally,
# I'm unable to judge the feasibility, I'll let sharper minds look into
# it, I'll just add the idea is attractive.  Reducing the number of
# balkanized APIs can only help everyone.

# JLG

As you probably figured, it was in reply to a message I sent him (which is
far too long and boring to copy here). I'm sure you'll all agree his
response is nothing short of promising, despite being a little on the
short side :-)

Apologies to anybody to whom this looks like re-covering the same ground -
I thought quoting Jean's message would be of interest to folks out there
:)

--
Mo McKinlay                                T: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x1
Chief Software Architect                   F: +44 (0) 709 22 55 05  x3