Re: window-in-window MDI

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Luis Garcia Alanis wrote:

> Well IMHO
>
> window in window is design flaw. Ms brought this because it couldnt do
> what apple does, because the app menus are atteched to windows, and on
> mac are to the screen. So Mac is allways window in window. Thinking of
> the screen as a window. NeXT also does not have this bug.
>
> I wish menu support could be added to the menupanel.....

This would need WM support for focus handling. With sloppy focus, you
usually cannot reach to panel, without activating some other application
on the way...

As of WiW MDI mode - yes, there isn't any reason, why these small
viewports should resemble REAL windows - but fine-grained single-window
MDI mode would still be very useful.

Lauris