Re: GnomeCanvasLine

On Wed, 3 May 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro wrote:

> > If you really need distance, you can find smallest squared value and
> > take square root of this once.
>
>   No square roots please! :) I mean, calculating a square root each time
> the pointer moves across the canvas is not a good idea.

How long does your sqrt operation take?  How long does a branch take?
Sqrt will probably be done in the time it takes to go to main memory on a
recent CPU so they really don't cost anything significant.  Something like
quake will be doing 1000s of sqrts a frame.

njh
p.s. no-one has tracked down my link problem with eog.   I'm awaiting
commands.  :-)