Re: compiling glib-1.2.7

On some versions of Linux, the header files have bad code for the
FD_SET series of macros that causes this problem. To fix it, you need
to update your header files with working versions. Sometimes you
can just change a #if so that is uses the non-asm version.

This is mentioned somewhere in the documentation of gcc-2.95, including
the correct fix to the asm code, but I'm currently not sure of where.