How do I compute the full absolute path of a filename?

Hi everybody,

I need to compute the absolute path name of a filename with respect to
the application's current working directory. I have been looking
around I cannot find it. I am sure it must exist somewhere. Do anybody
know the name of the C function and its location?

Thanks a lot!

--
Daniel M. German                  "There is no democracy in physics.
                                   We can't say that some second-rate