Re: [Nautilus-list] Torture victim wanted

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 02:31:12PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Nautilus is reportedly very difficult to build - if someone with not
> too much hacking experpience could try to get nautilus built out of CVS,
> and write a summary of the problems encountered, that would be helpful to
> the Nautilus hackers in fixing the problem.

I managed this last week without too much trouble.

I installed everything mentioned in HACKING into /opt/nautilus and
the only trouble I had was not putting /opt/nautilus/bin at the front
of my path while compiling. I was picking up my standard gnome-config
and, as a result, later in the process things like oaf and such couldn't
be found.

Before that, my earlier attempt failed to because I didn't take the
statement that you need the most recent cvs versions everything seriously,
(I mean how much could libxml change :) ) and as a result I ended up with
a nautilus that compiled but wouldn't run.

Hope that helps.

Sam <shunter@bigsky.net>