Re: Applet Memory Usage

You're overreacting. This has been asked many times, and I think its in
the FAQ - but since that stuff is 'somewhat difficult' to find (i.e. its
not blatantly obvious whete the FAQ is (hint hint GDP folks)) I will
awnser this question :)

Anyway - almost all GNOME application/applets/whatever use 'shared
memory' - so its not really taking that much memory. There probably is a
much more 'technical' description, but this is basically what it means :)