Re: Gnome text subsystems

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Nathan Hurst wrote:

: could hope for in the worst case.  When I handle paragraphs(I am planning
: to look at what pango offers in terms of spacing.  I implemented the TeX
: spacing design, which is quite neat, but may not fit with international
: support nicely) this could be extended to 'only affects the current

Well, I see one problem: TeX doesn't support stretching characters when
justifiyng paragraphs/lines. This is commonly used when typesetting
higher-quality arabic or hebrew, but was already used in medival
typography as well (having more glyphs for character with various sizes).

--
Petr Tomasek, http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/