Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Calum Benson wrote:

> I think the more important question is whether a global toolbar dock
> would be a sensible or useful thing to have in the first place... we'd
> be on completely new ground with that one, and it's not even something
> I'd ever considered myself before I started reading this thread an hour
> or so ago!

For that matter, what is the advantage of a toolbar anyway?  Has any
research been done to show that they are useful?  I've always felt that it
is just as easy to memorise a key combination as it is to memorise the
icon/position of a toolbar icon.  Key combinations use a lot less
real-estate...  I would rather use that space to put informative displays
in.

njh