French translation of OK

I don't know whether that's the right list to discuss that (otherwise, please
tell me which one I should post to). In the latest gnome upgrade I did, I
noticed that all the "OK" buttons in the dialogs have been translated to
"Valider" in french. Before that, they were "OK" in french too, which is what
all other french applications do. Why is there a need to translate the word "OK"
(which is not specific to any language anyway)? I think that translation should
be reverted back to "OK"!

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique