Re: Canvas freeze/thaw

On Sun, 03 Sep 2000 16:24:52 Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 05:16:20PM -0600, Rusty Conover wrote:
> >
> > No, because it has to force a repaint on the objects created due to the bug
of
> > the gnome canvas items not following the update/redraw paradigm correctly
in the
> > antialias canvas mode.
>
> I use the aa canvas all of the time, and I haven't encountered this
> problem.  Can you be more specific about what triggers hit?  (Maybe
> the bug can be fixed...)

I've done one better I've written a test program the causes this bug to occur.
You can grab a copy at

http://www.cs.montana.edu/~cconover/canvasbug-0.1.tar.gz

Build as normal, then execute the canvasbug program in src.  Then click on the
"Show Polygon Bug" button.  Then follow the directions shown to stdout.  I had
previously sent this program to Federico, so he would have known what I was
talking about.

Rusty
Rusty Conover        | rusty@zootweb.com
Systems Programmer   | 406-586-5050 x226
Zoot Enterprises     | http://www.zootweb.com