Re: development tools (was Re: gripes, etc.)

 that doesn't need emacs using gtk, but emacs exposing its functionality to
> other applications. I've started a Desktop::Editor, which is a generic
> CORBA interface for editors, but I badly need to finish that
The other possibility would be to use the new GTK elisp interface. This
could be use to add more light weight GUI capabilities.
AFAIK, XEmacs already includes some code to use it as a widget, but I doubt
that this will be adequate.
Anyways, The XEmacs component would have to behave a little differently
than the full XEmacs. For example my configuration loads a lot of
packages during start up. However I would like it to do that if used
as a component.