Re: Why doesn't glade produce source using libglade?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Ravi Pratap M wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Archit Baweja wrote:
> >
> > > I wanted to know as to why, when glade produces the code, the code doesn't use
> > > libglade itself and just write GTK+/GNOME UI code.
> >
> >         Same here. The option of using libglade seems the most suitable
> > and IMHO, this must be an option.
>
> Yes, we've discussed adding this option before. It would be a useful feature.
>
> A patch would be appreciated :-)

Apart from being a great GUI builder I've found glade to be a great way to
learn gtk too. Nothing like seeing working examples. If some kind soul
could produce patches that genrates python code and even
better libglade/python code it would be extremely useful. Anyway I'd like
to send a big thanks to the glade team for the work done so far. It is an
extremely cool and useful tool. Abiword has made extensive use of it.

Cheers

Martin Sevior