Re: Running remote Gnome programs - problems with SSH

Ian Campbell wrote:

> Look in /etc/orbitrc
>
> The relavent options are, ORBIIOPUSock, ORBIIOPIPv4, ORBIIOPIPv6.
>
> They can be set to 0 or 1 to enable or disable. I believe Helix defaults
> to USock=1, IPv4=0 and IIOPv6=0. I don't know what the actual ORBit
> defaults are, but I expect they are all enabled.
>
> I guess you want ORBIIOPIPv4=1

Having set this option in /etc/orbitrc on my Linux machine, and in
/usr/local/etc/orbitrc on my remote Solaris machine, it would seem the
Linux side works but the Solaris side does not. On the Linux side, a
number of TCP ports are opened and no /tmp/orbit-<login> directory is
created. On the Solaris side a /tmp/orbit-<login> directory is created
and a socket created inside it before the gnome app terminates
ungracefully.

Has anyone on this list ever got remote apps to run over SSH ever? Or am
I the only one with this problem?

Regards,
Graham