Re: Several application installs are slightly broken...

In message <005101c0bba6$3fa64380$0558623e e6z1t6>, "Germano Rizzo" writes:

>problems:

>*libgtop - libglade: the revision number isn't substituted, so the resulting
>RPM is some strange libglade-0.16-SNAP.i686.rpm instead of (say)
>libglade-0.16-1.i686.rpm

This is a minor quibble.  I've substituted the standard versioning system on my
systems, but there's nothing wrong with installing the "SNAP" RPM.

>*libgtop: the @VERSION@ variable value is somehow set to 1.0.11-cvs instead
>of 1.0.12, and this breaks the specfile, as there can't be "-" characters

This is evil.  For a while there were some packages named <version>-beta which
also had RPM problems.  My workaround was to build <version>-beta as, say,
trees.

>*ORBit: there's another specfile in the popt/ directory, that makes RPM look
>for a ghost file (popt-0.4.tar.gz); it's sufficient to delete this second
>specfile (eventually also from Makefile.am, rerunning autoconf/make)

>*gnome-applets: the generated RPM contains only the .gnorba files... and,
>needless to say, it's totally useless

>*imlib 1.9.9: the rpm building goes flawlessly, but if I try to install the
>generated RPM's, I get complainings about lack of libgr-devel and
>libgr-progs... I don't have it, right, it's my fault; but I think it should
>check for them *before*

>*xml-i18n-tools don't have a specfile... but I don't think they're supposed
>to, after all...

I've written a spec file for this.

>*gnome-audio: compilation simply fails... sorry, I can't say more, I've
>accidentally deleted the package... <:]...

>I have an 'upgraded' RH 7 (glibc 2.2, latest gcc 2.96, RPM 4.02, glib/gtk+
>1.2.10, gtk-pixbuf 0.10.1); maybe some of these errors are caused by my
>configuration?

No, I doubt it.

I have fixed/written spec files on my machine for all of GNOME 1.4 (they even
have correct Group:'s), but I haven't had enough time to check them into CVS.

Maybe I'll take care of a few right now.

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts