Re: Pb with compilation

Lam wrote:

> I have a problem with my program
> I try to compile it, but now i can't (i compil it yet before !)
> but now i have an error with the flags "-ldb" :
>
> $> gnome-config --libs gnome
> -L/usr/lib -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb -lglib -ldl
>
> $> gnome-config --libs gnomeui
> -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb -lglib -ldl
>
> I have this error when i do make
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [gipag] Error 1
>
> could u help me ? what is "-ldb" ?
> how i can repear ?

db stands for database. In your system it is
either a link to libdb1.{a,so} or libdb2.{a,so}.

Install this library. Gnome needs this library,
but unfortunately, gnome configure script nor
the rpm dependency checks cover this requirement.

It was probably forgotten in the gnome build files,
but I am not sure.

--

Regards,
-Naba