Re: Does GTK+ support UDP socket interfaces?

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 Ext-Omkar Prabhakar nokia com wrote:

> Does GTK+ support UDP socket interfaces? My GTK+ application needs to listen
> to a UDP port to get data.
> If so how are they normally used? Can somebody show me some pointers in
> this? TIA.

The only part of this that might be related to Gtk+ would be having a
function called when there is an event on the socket, so that your network
code works nicely with the glib main loop. This would involve making a
GIOChannel using g_io_channel_unix_new(), then calling g_io_add_watch() on
that.

Otherwise, it is just a matter of network programming pure & simple.
-- Elliot
The truth knocks on my door, and I say
"Go away. I'm looking for the truth"
...and so it goes away.