Re: XML-RPC & Gnome

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:05:54PM +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> Disclaimer: I don't know xmlrpc so what I'm saying here might be totaly
> stupid :)

No, it sounds quite intelligent, actually.

> Would it be possible to wrap some of the smaller corba-stuff using
> xmlrpc??  The perl-corba bindings for example are real easy to use and
> you can dynamicaly build functions from them, without going through the
> normal compile the idl to your language, write code for that, run
> it-procedure.

Ooooh.  That's sweet.

> Basically my idea is to create a small server that listens to an xmlrpc
> request to load a idl-file, then opens a corba-conection to the
> corba-server and then executes whatever corba-call the xmlrpc-client
> chooses.

This seems like an exellent idea, at least from my perspective.  It would
give you a way to painlessly make Gnome CORBA calls from almost every major
programming language.

But I don't know enough CORBA to know what the XML-RPC API would look like.

Cheers,
Eric