Re: gettext, docbook problems on building Ximian packages

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:

> I am trying to build gnome-core 1.4.0.4 from Ximian's SRPM and get the
> error from msgfmt:
>
>    invalid multibyte sequence
>
> What could this be? What is possible workaround?
>
> My gettext package is 0.10.38.

Those erroneous files are corrected on 21/5, however gnome-core 1.4.0.4 is
released on 9/5, so you still see the error. Actually those "errors" are
caused by difference in behavior between older (<= 0.10.35) gettext and
newer gettext. Please check out a copy of stable branch gnome-core from
CVS (gnome-core-1-4), you can extract corrected .po files there.

Abel