Re: [Patch] libzvt totally broken for fontset, hence CJK.

ha shao <hashao chinese com> writes:

> I don't know since when this happened but libzvt is broken for
> fontset. It cannot load fontset by name(zvt_term_set_font_name).
> When a pre-load fontset is passed to it (zvt_term_set_fonts),
> it cannot display any double byte characters.
>
> The problems exist both in current gnome release and cvs.
>
> The attached patch does the minimum, let zvt displays double byte
> characters when a pre-loaded font is passed to it. The spacing is
> still wrong(double width cell are considered as single spacing cell),
> but at least it display.

There are (large) patches for multi-byte and input method support in
zvt/gnome-terminal the Red Hat gnome-libs and gnome-core Red Hat
RPMS.

They aren't completely correct (try, for instance, using them in a
UTF-8 locale), but they seem to work reasonably well most of the
time for Japanese, and probably Chinese as well.

Regards,
                                        Owen