Re: Setting the background of a gtk_window

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Francois Taiani wrote:
> I sent that question to the gnome-love list, but nobody could answer me,
> so I send it here. Here's my question:
>
> I'm trying to set the background of a gtk_window to some program defined
> color (i.e. without using any resource file), but that does not work:
> The background remains grey (which is the default).
>
> I'using gdk_window_set_background in the following manner, just before
> gtk_main, but without sucess:

I am a bit in a hurry and can give you only this short hint:

Since GtkWindow is also a GtkWidget you can apply all the GtkStyle methods
to it. This should work. Take a look at the "GTK and GNOME Application
Development" (GGAD) book at developer.gnome.org. There is a detailed
discussion about styles and how they work.

Sorry, for not being able to providing more details at the moment.
Hope it helps though.

Regards,

   Jens