Future of MDI in gnome

Hello,

I'm currently developping my first Gnome application: Gargoyle. And I would like
to use MDI. To do this, I use GTK-- and Gnome--. So when I ask question about
MDI in the GTK-- list, I've got answer which says that MDI is not well supported
in Gnome and that MDI support will be perhaps no more supported in the future.

So to go on developping my Application, I would like to know the Future of MDI
support in Gnome and if this one will be no more supported, How to replace it ?

In the case of MDI application will be always supported:
I would like to add to my application preferences windows, the mdi configuration.
That's it : The MDI mode (Toplevel, modal, notebook or default) and in the case
of a notebook application the tab position (GTK_POS_LEFT, GTK_POS_RIGHT, etc...)
SO, the question is how to set the tab position of a notebook MDI application ?

Thank you all

| Laurent Marzullo              |
| SEMA  Belgium                 |
| 96, rue de stalle             |