Re: BonoboPreview initiative

On 09Dec2001 04:18PM (+0100), Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 15:43, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> > On 9 Dec 2001, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
> >
> > > Wouldn't it be nicer to have the host app for the document expose a
> > > PreviewControl interface (using a moniker). Thus, the host app has
> > > responsibility for the preview. For apps that don't support the
> > > interface, there could be a fallback mechanism.
> >
> > actually, this was my second idea, but I thought images were a simpler
> > solution.
> >
> > So we could just do something like
> > 	preview_widget = bonobo_widget_new ("file:/home/user/mytable.gnumeric!preview");
> >
> > i.e. just resolve !preview for Control.
> >
> it makes more sense IMO, for more general cases, to have a
> PreviewControl interface, as Dirk said, and just do:
>
> preview_widget = bonobo_get_object ("file:/home/user/mytable.gnumeric",
> "Bonobo/PreviewControl");

Does the PreviewControl interface need to be different than Control?
Why not just do an OAF query for a control that has the Bonobo/Control
interface and the bonobo:preview property set to true? Or maybe you
could just prefer controls where bonobo:preview is true, and use a
normal control when no special preview-specific control is available.

Regards,

Maciej