Re: BonoboPreview initiative - png in a control

Or you don't have to show all the file previews at once. In windows I
can put the focus on an html, word, etc... file in the file manager and
in the sidebar I will see a preview of it. Same idea goes for a file
selector dialog. You click on the file before a preview is
generated/retrieved. I think that's a smarter way to approach it, but by
all means if you can render all the previews in a directory without
slamming my CPU I'll buy you a pitcher of beer. So far however, Nautilus
fails this test, can it *really* be done?

To the naysayers: Yes it's good to get a preview of a gnumeric, et.al.
spreadsheet. One of the ways I keep myself sane when working in windows
is that I can get a preview of an HTML, Word, or other doc just by
clicking on it. It's a big time saver, and generally a small image is
adequate to give you context.

-ryan