gnome.h

I am new to GNOME, but I have recently purchased a book about GNOME and
Gtk+ programming. However, although the Gtk+ examples compile, the GNOME

ones don't. I get an error message saying that 'gnome.h' was not found;
I looked for it my self and it's true, the file does not exist in my
Debian Potato Linux, which leads me to believe that the GNOME library is

not installed.

I would apresiate if you can point me to a site where I can get the gtk+

and gnome libraries.

TIA

--
           _..._