Difficulty compiling pango: XftFreetype.h

I'm trying to compile pango from CVS, and I get an error:

pangoxft-font.c:23:33: X11/Xft/XftFreetype.h: No such file or directory

I'm running a RedHat 7.0 system, and there is no such beast on my
system.  What package installs this file?  I've compiled and installed
freetype and freetype2, but it's not in there.  From posts on the
newsgroups I've seen references to it in XFree86-devel, but I have that
installed as well.  I even grabbed the X install from XFree86.org and
installed that, but still no dice.

Help?

Thanks,

John