Re: Difficulty compiling pango: XftFreetype.h

Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu> writes:

> On 14 Feb 2001 22:43:54 -0500, jgotts linuxsavvy com wrote:
> >
> > In message <3A8A0F2A 128FBAF1 yahoo com>, John Margaglione writes:
> >
> > >I'm trying to compile pango from CVS, and I get an error:
> >
> > >pangoxft-font.c:23:33: X11/Xft/XftFreetype.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > >I'm running a RedHat 7.0 system, and there is no such beast on my
> > >system.  What package installs this file?  I've compiled and installed
> > >freetype and freetype2, but it's not in there.  From posts on the
> > >newsgroups I've seen references to it in XFree86-devel, but I have that
> > >installed as well.  I even grabbed the X install from XFree86.org and
> > >installed that, but still no dice.
> >
> > >Help?

Unless you have XFree86 4.0.2 installed (not in 7.0), Pango should not
be looking for this file. If have the devel packages for XFree86
installed, it should be there.

If you don't have 4.0.2 or newer installed and you get this error,
please file a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org with details.

> > I think this file is only present on Red Hat 7.1 Beta because it has a version
> > of XFree86 4.0.2 with some sort of freetype 2.0 support.
>

> According to one XFree86 developer, they said this file is a "private
> header", yet Pango uses it I believe for the Xft/Xrender support.

It's not a private header. Ask Keith Packard if you don't believe me.

Regards,
                                        Owen