Re: GnomeCanvasGroup disappearing tricks

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:28:52PM -0600, John R. Sheets wrote:

> IIRC (it was over a month ago), it happened when I tried to
> set the position directly, to an absolute value, with the "x" and "y"
> properties:
>
>   gnome_canvas_item_set (GNOME_CANVAS_ITEM(canvas_item),
>                          "x", 10.0, "y", 50.0, NULL);
>
> When I switched back to using gnome_canvas_item_move(), the problem

Indeed, that did the trick.

> I must admit to being perplexed by the absence of a
> gnome_canvas_item_move_to() function

I made the same observation -- in fact, I added an inlined wrapper function
to the affected class (I'm using C++):
    virtual void move_to(double x, double y) {
        move(x - pos_x, y - pos_y);
    }

Having this in the GnomeCanvas library itself, however, would be a very nice
thing.