Storing two ints with the gnome-score API

Hi all.  I'm working on a game[1], and for its high-score list I'd like
to store two integers.  As far as I can tell, gnome_score_log() only
gives me one float to work with.

I'm hesitant to encode the two ints in the one float because (a) I don't
know how many bits the float will end up being on a given architecture,
and (b) I'm worried that I'll confuse the gnome_score_get_notable()
function because high or low floating-point numbers might not correspond
to a good or bad score.

Any thoughts?  Is there a better place to ask this kind of question?

Thanks,

Nathan

[1]: Gnome Tesserea: http://gtess.sf.net/