Re: [Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru>] problem with session management ingnome-1.4beta1

Vlad Harchev wrote:

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Glynn Foster wrote:
The --choose-session=ARG is really designed for remote displays. Actually
it would be nice to be able to select a session to load from gdm, but
that's not a beta issue ;)

That's only 10 lines
of shell code, that will bring us that flexibility, without the need for
hacking any desktop manager. What do you think about this?

Is there a (clean) C interface for querying the list of named sessions, given a username/uid? If so, I think this is fairly trivial to add to gdmlogin. I think a panel popping up to the right of the user/password prompt with a list of all named sessions would work as a good user interface.

This is something I'll gladly hack on if someone points me at the code for retrieving session names...

Cheers,

Lee.