AA patches

Hi,

Since NVidia released new drivers containing render support, I thought
I'd give the GNOME + AA patches a try. However, these patches are built
agains gtk+ 1.2.8, and 1.2.9 is needed by nautilus 1.0. I tried to alter
the patch so it could be applied to 1.2.9 but I failed miserably.

My question: are there plans to port these patches to newer versions, or
maybe include them by default, like the trolltech people did in qt 2.3.
If yes, when? If not, what are the plans regarding AA and GNOME? :)

Regards,

Remco de Jong